- In-Plane Switching (IPS) Technology with Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C Inputs and Built-In Webcam with Microphone and Built-In USB Type-C Hub
- 5120 x 2880 Resolution, 1200:1 Static Contrast Ratio, 500 cd/m² Brightness, 178°/178° Viewing Angles, 14 ms (GtG) Response Time, 10-Bit, 1.07 Billion Colors
- Requires a compatible Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later
- Compatibility (1 display): 5120 x 2880 @ 60Hz iMac Pro (2017), iMac (2017), MacBook Pro (2016 and later), and iMac models from 2017
- Compatibility (2 displays): 15-inch MacBook Pro from 2016 and later using the right and left side Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on your MacBook Pro
Details: The 27MD5KB-B UltraFine 27″ 16:9 5K IPS Monitor from LG is a unique display that features only Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, which makes it suitable for Thunderbolt 3 and USB Type-C equipped laptops such as the MacBook or MacBook Pro. Using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable, it supports 5K video, audio via its two 5W speakers, power delivery, as well as its built-in webcam for video conferencing. Moreover, it has a 5120 x 2880 resolution for crisp and clear details and a 14 ms (GtG) response time. Built with an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel, it offers wide 178° viewing angles and vivid colors. Combined with its 1200:1 static contrast ratio, 500 cd/m² brightness rating, and support for 10-bit color, you’ll be able to enjoy deeper blacks and brighter bright colors for a livelier viewing experience. Once connected to your system, you can tilt and adjust its height to fit your viewing preference, or use its 100 x 100mm VESA mounting holes to install an optional mount, stand, or arm. Thunderbolt 3: Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector featuring a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. DCI-P3 99%: DCI-P3 is a common RGB color space for digital movie projection, and with a 99% coverage, this monitor is suitable for users handling color-sensitive work. OnScreen Control: Instead of fiddling with hardware buttons, OnScreen Control provides you with a simple user interface on your desktop. My Display Presets: Save your display presets for brightness, contrast, and much more, and easily swap through them with set profiles. Screen Split 2.0: Screen Split 2.0 provides you with PIP (Picture-in-Picture) functionality, so you can multitask efficiently. Ambient Light Sensor: The built-in ambient light sensor on this monitor lets it automatically adjust the brightness to match your surroundings.